For a while, I’ve been wanting to create DIY temporary tattoos in a vintage floral pattern. I think it would be so fun to have some boho chic temporary tattoos available at a bridal or baby shower for guests to enjoy. So I went ahead and designed some! Here’s how to make your own:
- Temporary tattoo paper
- Vintage Floral Printable
- Pair of scissors
The tattoo paper brand I used is made for a Silhouette, but works wonderfully with an inkjet printer and a pair of scissors.
01. Print out the floral printable onto the glossy side of one of the clear sheets of paper (not the green paper included). If you are using your own design, make sure to reverse the image. If you are using my printable, the image is already reversed 🙂
02. Take the green sheet of paper, and peel off the top backing. Carefully stick the backing onto the printed design so that the pages line up.
03. Continue to peel off the green backing while smoothing the paper down onto the printed design. Do this carefully to avoid wrinkles. (If you do get wrinkles, no worries. I DID get wrinkles on mine — see photo below — and it still worked great.)
04. Cut out tattoo designs.
01. Peel back clear plastic layer to expose the adhesive.
02. Apply the tattoo’s adhesive side to you skin and dampen with a wet paper towel or cloth for 10 seconds. Remove paper backing and enjoy!