I’ve been making this recipe for a while now, and it’s definitely my go-to for the summer months. Easy to make, easy to drink and perfect for warm weather, this margarita recipe accompanies me to many pool parties, beach days and bbq’s. I love that you can whip up a large batch and not have to worry about playing bartender during gatherings. Even better, it freezes into the most delicious margarita pops!
Cowboy Margarita Recipe
- 12 oz Perrier lime
- 1 bottle Corona
- 1 can (12 oz) frozen limeade
- 12 oz tequila
- Optional: ice pop bags like these and twist ties or twine
Tip: If taking to a party, I often make a double batch 🙂
01. Mix together all ingredients. You probably noticed, but the entire recipe has a one-to-one ratio, so, I often use the empty limeade can to measure out the tequila and Perrier.
02. Pour over ice and drink, or….
03. Pour into ice pop bags, tie off, and freeze. Enjoy!
Makes about 10 popsicles
Popsicle-making tips: When filling the popsicle bags, I found it easiest to place the empty bag in a tall cup. This helps stabilize the popsicle as it fills, and I froze the popsicles standing upright in the cup. I also found that each popsicle is about 2/3 cup of liquid. If you fill a glass measuring cup with this amount, you can hold the bag open in one hand, and use the other to pour the margarita mixture. Then tie off!