Need a non-cheesy bridal shower or baby shower game?
Personally, I feel like I’m always looking for fun, non-cheeseball party games. I don’t know if it stems from a been-there-done-that feeling, but I know I now burst with joy when I attend gatherings with unique activities.
So when one of my girl friends said she wanted wine tasting to be her bridal shower game, I was all about it.
(Plus, who doesn’t want an excuse for some more wine tasting in life? 😝)
Check out below for all the details on how to throw your own wine tasting guessing game…
01. Chill wines in advance as needed.
02. Edit the downloadable pdf named “Wine Game Cards” to include your five wines and their descriptions. Adobe Reader or Preview on a Mac is the best way to fill it in (and they’re free).
03. Print all included pdfs, cut out and set up with mystery wines. We chose to set up five wine stations throughout the party to encourage mingling and spread guests out.
04. Have guests taste wines and move between stations, matching each wine description with the wine they think is correct.
05. Collect and announce the wine-tasting winner!
One of the gal’s brought her little girl for the photos. Isn’t she the cutest?! 😊
Remember to record the answer key before disguising each wine bottle, so you don’t have to dismantle the wine tasting just to figure out the winner.
Also, remove or cover any branding near the top of the wine bottle, especially branded corks!
If you would like to cover the wine bottles with table napkins (like you see above), here’s the how to:
01. Fold the napkin in half, matching two opposite corners and creating a triangle.
02. Fold the top part of the triangle over, so that it touches the bottom of the napkin. (It will create a trapezoid shape.) Then place the wine bottle face down on the napkin.
03. Cross the two ends of the napkin over the wine bottle.
04. Flip the bottle over, and tie in a knot!
And thanks to Potek winery for hosting us. If you’re ever in Santa Barbara, you should seriously check them out—their tasting room and back patio are my fav! 😍