This year I’ve been super excited to make DIY Valentine’s related decorations. I think this may be because blushes and dusty rose have been so trendy lately (which I’ve been very much into), but now I want to make ALL THE THINGS pastel and pink.
So if you are a fan of these things, here are cute DIY drink stirrers for you!
Feel classy and fun, plus it gives you a great reason to drink sparkling rose 😉🍾
- Embroidery floss (one skein of floss per drink stirrer)
- Heart mold (I used this one.)
- Sealing wax and metal mold (I used an old 1/2 teaspoon, and it worked great.)
- Glue gun and glue gun sticks
- Candle or stovetop
01. Remove packaging from embroidery floss.
02. Unwind 10 strands and cut.
03. Fold rest of embroidery thread in half. Take the long, cut string and tie knot in the middle of embroidery thread. Trim short end of thread.
04. Take the other end of the long thread and tie around the top part of the embroidery thread, approximately a 1/2 inch from the top fold. Double knot. Trim both threads.
05. Cut the bottom of the embroidery thread off to create the fringe. Full size of the tassle is about 2 inches.
06. Measure out 12 inches from the long thread. Cut. Double knot end. Repeat, so you have two.
07. Light candle and hold half teaspoon over the flame. (You can also use a stovetop burner on low.) Melt wax inside until the teaspoon is full of melted wax.
08. Quickly pour into mold. Let dry about 3 minutes before popping out.
09. Hot glue top of wax heart to the double knot on one of the threads. Repeat to another wax heart.
10. Pinch tassle and wax heart threads together about four inches up from bottom. Wrap around the top of the skewer and hot glue down.
11. Wrap the rest of the thread around the top of the skewer and hot glue down ends of thread. Enjoy!
Doing a lot of crafts, I have to say this project was one of the more fun. There’s something about tiny wax hearts that were so cute to make and work with. It also helped that the $5 bottle of sparkling rose from Trader Joe’s turned out to be REALLY good (note to self for next girls’ night ✨💃🏼).