The holidays are here! It’s been so nice to have mornings with fireplace roaring and the Christmas tree lights twinkling (although this morning I managed to break my second ornament by getting my hair caught in a branch.) But besides tangled hair mishaps, it’s been so fun to take part and enjoy this season. And in light of the holidays, I designed two holiday cards for you! Whether your want to send out five or five hundred, these cards are easy to personalize with your own photo, and I’ve included step-by-step directions below.
01. Download the card templates and open with Photoshop. (If you need to download Photoshop, you can get a free trial here!)
02. Open the psd file. Click on the Rectangle layer, so that it is highlighted blue.
03. Go to File, and then Place. Select the photo you would like to use in the card.
04. Then press Enter to place the photo in the document.
05. Right click on the photo in the layers panel. Choose Create Clipping Mask.
06. Go to Edit, then Transform, then Scale. (Or you can use the shortcut Command and the letter T on a Mac.)
07. Move the image to where you would like it placed. To make the image the correct size, click on the bottom left corner of the image and, while holding the Shift key down, drag the image to size. (Holding the Shift key will keep the proportions of the photo.)
08. To change the text, click on the Text layer, then on the Type tool. After, double click on the text in the file LOVE THE SMITH FAMILY, delete unnecessary words and start typing.
09. Go to File, then Save As. Choose Photoshop PDF under Format. Then choose Save.
Under Adobe PDF Preset, choose Press Quality. Then choose Save PDF. Your card is now ready to print!
Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions : )