Anyone else feel like gift getting is harder each year? I don’t know if it is a value shift for me or something else, but it’s been a struggle wanting to make sure each gift is intentional (and not just getting a gift for the sake of buying something).
This year I’ve felt really encouraged to put together a fair-trade and socially conscious gift guide. Honest moment, this is in some ways a new area for me. Fair-trade companies are awesome, but switching over from cheap and easy, is well, not cheap and easy. But I love the idea that spending money this year can go towards gifts that are both beautiful and supporting businesses that are doing things right.
01. This brass Aria ring is not only simply beauitful, but 100 percent (!) of proceeds go to benefiting girls and women escaping human trafficking
02. Loving these Ankole cowhorn candlestick holders handcrafted in Uganda.
03. This gorgeous Diamanta throw looks crazy soft and is handwoven in Peru.
04. These beautiful handmade suede boots support women artisans (also in Peru!).
05. This woven basket has a cool boho vibe that makes me want to gather all the things into it.
06. This hand-carved olive wood rustic board supports artisans in Tunisia
07. This leather travel case is an awesome guy or gal gift.
08. Know someone with a new baby? These baby shoes are adorbs.
09. Check out this pretty marble planter; it’s also a great wine cooler 😉
Need even more ideas?
Here are some other beautiful items I found in my search:
10. Local + Lejos also makes pretty Ankole cowhorn coasters.
11. This leather envelope from Parker Clay is the perfect clutch.
12. Or their larger signature tote is a great everyday bag.
13. These white ceramic boxes make me so happy.
14. I would love a set of these natural cotton hand towels.
15. Want clothing ideas? This chunky knit crew makes me want to snuggle up near a fire.
16. Or this cashmere v-neck sweater is so soft and luxurious.